B Radio is community radio for Hampshire and Surrey, and Berkshire.
We're Backing Business by promoting your vacancies to our listeners.
Get yourself on air with a free recruitment message.
It's really simple:
- Download the B Radio App on your phone (Apple / Google)
- Record a short message about the vacancy (max 30 seconds)
- Listen to B Radio to hear your message on air!
How to record:
- Open the B Radio App
- Click the 'Message' icon in the top right of the app
- Choose 'Record a Message'
- Add your name and contact phone number
- Hit the big red mic record button and record your message (max 30 seconds)
- Click the red stop button when you've finished
- If you make a mistake, click the bin icon, and record again
- Once you've recorded your message, hit the 'Send' button in the top right corner
Here's some tips to make it sound great:
- Record somewhere quiet and not echoey (your car, when parked, is ideal)
- Be energetic and enthusiastic - project your voice
- Make sure you've thought about what to say before recording
- Don't write a script - otherwise you'll sound like you're reading
- Bear in mind that B Radio is listened to by 18-40 year olds, so ensure your message is relevant to our audience age group
Suggested framework for your message:
- Start by introducing the company (maybe include your name too)
- Briefly outline the role and who you're looking for
- Explain how someone applies
Remember, you only have 30 seconds maximum!
Here's an example:
Hi it's Jim from Acme Widgets in Town Name. We're recruiting a marketing manager and are looking for someone with great experience in marketing widgets. This role is ideal if you're currently working in a marketing team and looking to take the next step in your career. We're a fun team to work with and offer flexible hours. Find out more about the role and apply at our website: acmewidgets.com