B Radio is the soon to launch new community radio station in Berkshire, broadcasting from Reading.
We're Backing Business in Berkshire by promoting your vacancies to our listeners in Berkshire.
Get yourself on air with a free recruitment message.
It's really simple:
- Download the B Radio App on your phone (Apple / Google)
- Record a short message about the vacancy (max 30 seconds)
- Listen to B Radio to hear your message on air!
How to record:
- Open the B Radio App
- Click the 'Message' icon in the top right of the app
- Choose 'Record a Message'
- Add your name and contact phone number
- Hit the big red mic record button and record your message (max 30 seconds)
- Click the red stop button when you've finished
- If you make a mistake, click the bin icon, and record again
- Once you've recorded your message, hit the 'Send' button in the top right corner
Here's some tips to make it sound great:
- Record somewhere quiet and not echoey (your car, when parked, is ideal)
- Be energetic and enthusiastic - project your voice
- Make sure you've thought about what to say before recording
- Don't write a script - otherwise you'll sound like you're reading
- Bear in mind that B Radio is listened to by 18-40 year olds, so ensure your message is relevant to our audience age group
Suggested framework for your message:
- Start by introducing the company (maybe include your name too)
- Briefly outline the role and who you're looking for
- Explain how someone applies
Remember, you only have 30 seconds maximum!
Here's an example:
Hi it's Jim from Acme Widgets in Wokingham. We're recruiting a marketing manager and are looking for someone with great experience in marketing widgets. This role is ideal if you're currently working in a marketing team and looking to take the next step in your career. We're a fun team to work with and offer flexible hours. Find out more about the role and apply at our website: acmewidgets.com