B Radio is the soon to launch new community radio station in Berkshire, broadcasting from Reading.
We're Backing Business in Berkshire by giving free promotion to businesses in Berkshire as the lockdown restrictions get lifted.
Get yourself on air with a free plug to let listeners know your business is open.
It's really simple:
- Download the B Radio App on your phone (Apple / Google)
- Record a short message promoting your business (max 30 seconds)
- Listen to B Radio to hear your message on air!
How to record:
- Open the B Radio App
- Click the 'Message' icon in the top right of the app
- Choose 'Record a Message'
- Add your name and contact phone number
- Hit the big red mic record button and record your message
- Click the red stop button when you've finished
- If you make a mistake, click the bin icon, and record again
- Once you've recorded your message, hit the 'Send' button in the top right corner
Here's some tips to make it sound great:
- Record somewhere quiet and not echoey (your car, when parked, is ideal)
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about your business - project your voice
- Make sure you've thought about what to say before recording
- Don't write a script - otherwise you'll sound like you're reading
- Bear in mind that B Radio is listened to by 18-40 year olds, so ensure your message is relevant to our audience age group
Suggested framework for your message:
- Introduce yourself and your company name
- Detail who it is you help and how you help them with your products/services
- Explain how to find you or get in contact (location or website)
Remember, you only have 30 seconds maximum!