Mystery surrounds the sudden closure of The Duchy, a classy restaurant on the A332 in Winkfield between Ascot and Windsor.
It opened in late November last year, replacing the former Loch Fyne by Greene King, which closed in May 2023.
The Duchy offered fine dining and live music. A TripAdvisor review praised the "delicious and generously portioned Sunday lunch", with another praising the "excellent food" and great live music.
But it is now listed as 'permanently closed' on Google. Its last Facebook post was on May 29 and the Instagram page appears to have been deleted.
The site is understood to be owned by Project Cornwall Group, but no contact details are on the group website.
A planning application to replace the building with three homes was submitted in December and remains under consultation (ref 25/00778/FUL).
Earlier, partner Callum Barwick said they planned a separate application for four luxury suites above the restaurant, but nothing has appeared on the council planning portal.
The current proposal would create one three-bed and two four-bed houses, each with three parking spaces and gardens.
Winkfield Parish Council recommended refusal. The objection letter warned demolition would result in the loss of a community facility.
Councillor Colin Dudley (Conservative, Forest Park) said: "Last time I passed, it was actually closed.
"Really and truly, it's such a dangerous bend, that restaurant is on quite a tight left-hand bend. There's nothing else around there, they would be knocking down a lovely restaurant and pub for houses, so we recommended refusal."
An email to the Local Democracy Reporting Service in May claimed employees had been sacked without notice; those claims are unconfirmed. Mr Barwick has been contacted for clarity on the permanent closure of The Duchy.
James Aldridge, Local Democracy Reporter
Bracknell Couple's Year-Long Shower Nightmare
Unused Woodley Land Up for Sale Now!
Alcohol Sale Bid at Reading Store Blocked
Fox and Hounds Pub Set for Nursery Transformation
